FA Journal Submission Guidelines

The Field Artillery Journal serves as the profiessional forum of the branch across all ranks, Marine, Army, and Civilian. We exist to inform on new developments in the Branch and winning ideas from the feild. The FAJ is seeking articles and short features on past, present, or future programs, equipment, tactics, techniques, procedures or other issues affecting our branch. Approximately 40 percent of our readers are company-grade Field Artillery Soliders and Marines. The other 60 percent is comprised of more senior-ranking Redlegs, servicemembers from other branches and services, our Allies, corporate executives and politicians. We are a total-branch publication.

What to Submit:

Article submissions do not have to agree with current doctrine, official policy or approved techniques or procedures. Ask yourself how the topic is going to help the artillery communicty. Only unclassified information can be published in the FAJ. Articles must promote safe techniques and procedures. Be accurate, logical and complete in your wiriting. Submissions must be clearly written with an evident thesis, no more than 2500 words. Strive to educate, not impress. A message is most clear when written in simple la nguage, an abundance of adjectives, advers and words that the reader will have to look-up detracts from the message. If possible please include graphics, charts or photographs to supplement your article. 

Preferred Topics:

  • Counter-fire at the DIV/Corps Level
  • Targeting
  • Training at homestation for LSCO
  • Fires Support Issues within the EUCOM/PACOM AOR

All submissions must be emailed to Director@fieldartillery.org with the subject line FAJ Article Submission. Please email submission in an attached word doc format. DO NOT place images or graphics in to the word document, send them as attachments in .jpeg, .png, .pdf, or .eps files. Include footnotes where  appropriate, though we may not publish them with the article. Also include a short biography, highlighting the experience that makes you credible as an author on that subject. Include your name, email address, and phone number so that we may contact you with follow-up questions. 

The USFAA Staff reserves the right to edit an article and put it in the magazines style and format. If you have questions on themes, subject matter or publication deadlines, please call 580-355-4677.