AAWARD PACKET PROCEDURES
Please read the following guidelines to ensure you receive your awards in a timely manner:
1. All nominees, Ancient Order, Honorable Order and Molly Pitcher, must be current members of the United States Field Artillery Association. (Molly Pitcher nominees are not required to purchase a membership if their spouse is also being nominated or is a current member. Please include spouses� first name and last four if a current member). Any nominee who is not a current member may purchase a one year membership at www.fieldartillery .org.
2. If the unit is purchasing a one year membership for a nominee, you must include the $25 one year membership fee in addition to the $30 award packet. You must also include a separate document listing all non member nominees� home address, email and phone number.
3. If you do not have an approving authority (FA O5 or above currently in FIELD ARTILLERY command), letters of recommendation must be submitted for each nominee for all Honorable and Molly Pitcher nominees to be approved by our post O5 commander. Ancient Order nominees must always have a letter of recommendation and will be approved by the Commanding General of the Fires Center of Excellence.
4. If you have more than one nominee being nominated, your packet will need to include one multiple nomination form signed by your approving authority, one memorandum with all nominees listed (Ancient, Honorable and Molly Pitchers) signed by your approving authority and ONE form of payment for all awards. Multiple nomination forms and multiple payments cannot be accepted and the packet will be returned to sender potentially causing late charges to apply. If you only have one nomination, you will need to submit one Individual Nomination form signed by your approving authority and a letter of recommendation if you do NOT have an approving authority.
5. All award packets must be postmarked thirty days or more prior to the presentation date to avoid late fees. Those postmarked within thirty to fifteen days of presentation will add a 25% late fee per award and those postmarked within two weeks of presentation will add 50% late fee per award plus an express shipping fee depending on the number of awards submitted. (1-5 awards, $12.95, 6-15 awards, $16.95, 16-30 awards, $22.95, 30+ awards, $29.95)
REMEMBER: A COMPLETE PACKET MUST BE SUBMITTED 30 DAYS PRIOR TO PRESENTATION DATE TO AVOID LATE CHARGES. THIS INCLUDES A SIGNED NOMINATION FORM, A SIGNED MEMORANDUM (IF MULTIPLE NOMINEES), ONE FORM OF PAYMENT FOR ALL NOMINEES AND THE HOME ADDRESS, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR ALL NON USFAA MEMBERS THAT THE UNIT IS PURCHASING A MEMBERSHIP FOR. FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE AN APPROVING AUTHORITY, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION MUST ACCOMPANY THE PACKET.
Current forms and an example memorandum are on the left. Please do not hesitate to call our office if you have any questions. We are happy to help. Call 580-355-4677 and ask to speak to the Awards Manager.You must use the latest award nominations forms to avoid delays in the processing of your packets.
Award Files & Forms
New Molly Pitcher Nomination PDF
New Saint Barbara Nomination PDF
New Multiple Nomination PDF
New Nomination Procedures PDF
About Molly Pitcher
Celebration How To doc
Step By Step Process
|Ancient Order of Saint Barbara
The Ancient Order is the more distinguished of the two levels of the Military Society of Saint Barbara. It recognizes the select few who stand above their brethren of the Honorable Order. The specific criteria for accession into the Ancient Order is to have performed conspicuous, long-term service for or on behalf of the United States Army Field Artillery or Marine Corps Field Artillery. The Ancient Order is reserved for an elite few whose careers have embodied the spirit, dignity and sense of sacrifice and commitment epitomized by Saint Barbara. Membership in the Honorable Order is not a prerequisite for membership in the Ancient Order.
**The approving authority for all awards of the Ancient Order of Saint Barbara is the Field Artillery Commandant at Fort Sill. The Field Artillery Commandant may approve, disapprove or downgrade the nomination to the Honorable Order as he deems appropriate.
Honorable Order of Saint Barbara
The award authority for the Honorable Order of Saint Barbara is centralized to the Field Artillery commanders who are Lieutenant Colonel or above. Division artillery commanders, Field Artillery brigade commanders, Marine artillery regiment commanders or corps artillery commanders have approval authority. Such commanders may approve the award for those in or associated with their commands. When there is no such Field Artillery commander available, an approving authority will be selected by the Association as the approving authority for the Honorable Order of Saint Barbara. The Honorable Order of Saint Barbara recognizes those individuals who have demonstrated the highest standards of integrity and moral character; displayed an outstanding degree of professional competence; served the United States Army or Marine Corps Field Artillery with selflessness; and contributed to the promotion of the Field Artillery in ways that stand out in the eyes of the recipient's seniors, subordinates and peers, alike.
Artillery Order of Molly Pitcher
The award authority for the Artillery Order of Molly Pitcher is decentralized to the Field Artillery commanders, Lieutenant Colonel or above. Such commanders may approve the award for individuals in their communities. When there is no such Field Artillery commander available, an approving authority will be selected by the Association for the Artillery Order of Molly Pitcher. The Artillery Order of Molly Pitcher recognizes individuals who have voluntarily contributed in a significant way to the improvement of the Field Artillery Community.
PO Box 33027 - Bldg 758 McNair Avenue - Fort Sill, OK 73503
Phone 580.355.4677 Toll-free 866.355.4677